A Path Less TroddenChallenging conventional wisdom
I shall be telling this with a sigh,
Somewhere ages and ages hence,
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
I’m a writer of sorts and a dreamer of dreams.
No matter that the words that I craft together are not read widely, or at all. I write for me. It’s something I have to do.
According to iMA I’m a “iMA High Yellow”!
You and all other High Yellows want to be admired. You need to feel that you are getting the credit you deserve and are quick to draw attention to your achievements.
iMA High Yellows at a Glance
You are gregarious, optimistic, fun loving, friendly, and can be a risk taker. You have good persuasive skills and can be a dreamer and involve others in your dreams.
You need to feel that you are getting the credit you deserve and like to draw attention to your achievements.
You are skilled at influencing others and use this ability to shape your environment to accomplish the results you need. You are both open and assertive with a preference for a fast paced and spontaneous work life.
When stressed you can become argumentative, make excuses and appear over confident.
… About right
Apparently I need to erase and replace limiting patterns which for many High Yellows include:
- Accommodating others too much and appearing wishy-washy.
- Spending too much time socialising and not completing tasks.
- Getting scattered in to many different directions.
- Sidetracking serious discussions and appearing superficial.
- Diluting the message so that the receiver does not understand the seriousness of the problem.
- Appearing melodramatic and flighty.
- Creating unrealistic expectations that lead to disappointment and anger.
- Appearing to be inconsistent
Wish I’d known this before three failed marriages!